A highly talented barber and instructor eager to bring efficiency and knowledge to barbering students as I assist them by using a unique combination of educational experiences coupled with many years of teaching barbering and cosmetology techniques, strategies and theories.
- Acquired Barber License, Barber Instructor License
- A Licensed Barber and Stylist for over 20 years.
- Previous owner of three shops for 10 years.
- Dedicated to wholehearted and vigorous teaching as a means of creating and nurturing a lifelong love of knowledge and professional barbering.
- Education, Honors, and Certifications
- Barbering Certification: Richmond Barber School, Norfolk, VA. 1980
- Barbering Instructor License: Raleigh, NC. 1996
- Best Barber Award
- Hair Master Award
- Registered Continuing Education Provider for the North Carolina State Board for Cosmetology.
- Lead Instructor
- Great knowledge of all hair types and styles and of barbering and cosmetology methods and practices.
- Exceptional skills providing customers with professional barbering services.
- Ability to motivate, inspire, comfort and build self-esteem.
- Plan and instruct subject area using wide variety of teaching aids and motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning.
- Experienced and sensitive to the needs of all students to include non-traditional and minority students.
- Implement technological approaches to subject material. Research educational resources on the Internet.
Designed and conducted various workshops for training participants in effective barbering and styling.